Wednesday, April 11, 2007

oil and water don't mix....

Well, our Sydney-pooh decided to get into the oil paints that I had taken out of her art set and put up in our bedroom. We had taken her other paints away for a while b/c she was painting w/o letting us know and making a big mess in her play room...I guess she thought she had found those paints...but it was the oil ones that she was told to never paint with because of their higher mess factor! Anyway...she found them and didn't just paint with them...she FINGER-painted with them!!!!!!!! AAAARRRGGGGHHH!!!!!!!!! I went upstairs to check on David (napping) and noticed she had been in the bathroom with the water running for a while...when asked what she was doing she ran out of the bathroom to show me her now black all over hands! It didn't hit me that it was the oil paints for a second. I realized she'd been in the bathroom so long trying to rid the evidence...soaking wet, black smeared towels on the floor. She got a nice earful from me as we went out to the garage to keep her away from anything in the house she could ruin. Daddy went to get some mineral spirits to remove the paint while I spent a good 30-40 minutes with the ajax dish soap scrubbing her hands. That did help ALOT...the other paint remover got the final bit off. Had to be careful b/c it can burn...just used a tiny amount and washed good after. Here's what a really scared and sorry child looks like. :(


No comments: