This weekend we decided to head out for a fall camping excursion! We got a shelter (cabin) at Fort Parker State Park in Mexia, TX. We had never been to this park before. The cabin was probably the cleanest we have ever stayed in...the sites were nice...there was a nearby lake which provided nice scenery as a backdrop. It also marked the first camping trip in our new truck. It was nice to be able to pack everything up...and even take our bikes this time!! We went on several family rides around the park (I'm still not used to it...my hiney hurts!)...but Sydney rode most of the days back and forth down our road with another camper kid named Allen. He was only 5...but they played the weekend away together. It was so nice having another family close by to chat with and for Sydney to play with.
Here are some pictures of the scenery...this is the fishing pier out to the lake...I only saw one boy fishing though...the alligator sign was a bit un-nerving...BUT...we didn't really see any wildlife other than birds and squirrels...it was too cool out for alligators and snakes!
This is the sunset view from the lake...
This tree kinda freaked Sydney out...she called it the pregnant tree...it has a huge "tumor" like growth on it! Kinda weird!
We also took some time to visit the historical site as usual...my pictures from this are kinda boring...so I'll spare you...
2 comments:
Looks like a really relaxing trip! :) And a "pregnant" tree??? That's so weird.
It was relaxing...for the most part (i.e.-when 2 year old was happy!)! I think we might go back to this park again someday...we liked it! Yeah...I've never seen a tree like that before...
Post a Comment