Monday, October 27, 2008

Our fair weekend.

Ahhh...the dreaded group picture...complete with stuffed bellies from lunch and squinty eyes looking into direct sunlight! Even mom's cat joined in the fun!

Well...as in years past...we once again trekked to Angleton to enjoy the Brazoria County Fair. It has definitely lost some of it's luster over the years...this year in particular...it was just not quite the same. For one...geez has it gotten expensive! $25.00 for the ride wristband! This year I didn't get one for myself...I told Sydney that if she wants to ride...she'll have to ride alone or with whoever she gets placed with. She didn't care! hahah! We didn't even let David ride...and I KNOW when Sydney was 2 years old...she rode ALL the kiddie rides that year! $1.00 per ticket...and 3 or 4 tickets per crappy ride. Maybe we've gotten stingy in our old age? ;) Anyway...we did get to see my Uncle out at the cookoff as usual...but only for a short visit unfortunately. I was happy to get to spend some time with my brother's family and my sister and her boyfriend. That's always a good time!
David Playing with little people at Grammies...the usual.
My camera focusing on the chairs instead of my adorable neice, Iris!!
Chad and his little girl
Sally and Iris (she's giving me the stare down!)
Josh taking David around the petting zoo...he wasn't *too* sure about it.
Sydney feeding goats...See David behind her..petting a goat!

Me and my hunnybunny...coming up on 10 years of marriage next month!!!!!!

Here we are with our little man!

Mauri playing with David while Syd was on rides!

Syd on the bumper cars!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

The last time we went was a couple of years ago, and I remember thinking "this isn't as cool as I remember it." Maybe only the kids enjoy it as much?! Even a few years I thought we were getting ripped off on the rides. Oh well.

Melissa said...

Wes and I went the first Monday during the day and it was way too early. I wasn't thinking and didn't realize that the carnival part doesn't open til the afternoon- so sad. But we didn't leave without our sausage on a stick and funnel cake! :D