Just have to share how amazing my little boy is. He's been such a different child so far than my daughter...not necessarily read as better...just different. Sydney has always been a night owl...this may perhaps come from living with her night owl grammie for a little while during her babyhood...or from her mom coming home at 10pm while working at walgreens as a tech...so she just HAD to wait up for me...who knows.
David on the other hand has usually been a morning baby...generally goes to bed at a decent time and wakes up around 6:30 or so in the morning....Sydney has to be dragged out of bed at that time! Recently we have realized just how great he is though. He will eat dinner then play for a while...and normally around 8 or 8:30 we put him in his crib and he'll go to sleep with some music playing and he just lays down without a fight or fuss. (Syd would cry till she threw up) The new thing with David though is when we say it's time for bed...if we are in his room...he'll walk over and reach up for his crib. The other night he was playing downstairs with daddy and I said time for bed ok? And he actually walked over for me to pick him up...which normally if I say "David come here"...he'll just continue doing whatever he wants to. Tonight Josh said he did it again...time for bed...laid him down and that was goodnight. It's pretty wild for us...Sydney also had to frequently be driven around in our car to get her to sleep.
It's just weird that they are so extremely different in this aspect of their childhoods. I am a bit of a night owl myself...so I'm sure Sydney gets that from my side of the family...I guess David has learned early how good it is to sleep! Syd likes to sleep for sure...she'd just rather stay up till midnight and sleep in till 10am!! haha! I would rather go to sleep at 9pm and sleep until 12pm myself...but I don't get that luxery! ;)
1 comment:
Hope this works! I love your recent "lucky" journal entry. David is such a cutie pie and
definitely his own person! I love
the lights on your house. Glad
you got your tree today! I love
you all so much. I will call you
50 times tomorrow so you will be
my buddy for the day!
Post a Comment