Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Have I mentioned...I HATE snakes!

But I LOVE my outdoor kitties!! First let me just prephase this by saying the kittens bring us LOTS of "presents" these days...starting with a baby rat, a "grass" snake, a couple of lizards, a cicada, and the biggest grasshopper I've seen...not to mention cockroaches. However, THIS was a bit more of a surprise. I've never seen a snake like this before, so of course we looked online for snake ID pictures...and it appears that our snake matches almost perfectly to a rat snake which is not venemous...but from a co-worker's knowledge, can be aggressive. It was relatively small...I'd say about the length of a ruler...12 in. I used to go out to my car at night pretty carefree...you can bet I'm staring at the ground in front of me as I walk now! I'm a wuss...I know. Josh also didn't tell me that our neighbor killed a larger snake about a week ago...not sure what kind though...he was going to ask him and compare...but we threw the snake out with the trash today. All I can say is GOOD kitties!




No comments: