This day was FULL of walking. We decided to see as many monuments as we could and we walked our way around them. We ended up walking across a HUGE bridge (The Arlington Memorial Bridge) to the Arlington National Cemetary as our final stop, only to find that it was closing...7pm. Josh was peeved b/c last time he went...pre-9/11, he said this place did not close to the public. I don't know myself. Luckily the day was overcast...so it wasn't too hot...but we were still worn out by the end. Oh yeah...and we had been to the mall near our hotel one day and Sydney saw a cute place called "Cartoon Cuts" and she decided she wanted her hair cut again. So, she and I went to the mall to get that done before we headed out for the day. The cut is *okay*, but I could have done as good a job as this lady did. She was old as dirt, shorter than Sydney and had super-thick glasses. She didn't even cut properly...I was cringing the entire time...praying for it to turn out decent. The ends were not straight, but I just figured after it grew a bit you'd never notice...and you really don't...but man...next time I see someone like that I'll use my intuition and skip the cut. Anyway...here's what we saw this day.
Sydney showing off her hair...and the new clips we got with her name on them...though she just can't leave things alone and they fell out.
Doesn't look too bad...wish I'd video taped the process for you!
Vietnam War Memorial
Franklin D. Roosevelt Memorial-This was a very beautiful and large memorial area with many statues and several water displays. The Korean War Memorial The WWII Memorial-this thing was HUGE and very beautiful too...took two pictures to get the full thing. The Lincoln Memorial
I didn't realize how HUGE this statue really was! The whole place was huge! The Washington Monument-This was visible from many areas and I have tons of pictures of it from all directions. This one was taken from across the reflecting pool on the Lincoln Memorial side. The Thomas Jefferson Memorial
No comments:
Post a Comment