Tuesday, June 15, 2010

May Camping @ Inks Lake State Park--part 1

Our Texas vacation for the year was to Inks Lake State Park in Burnet, TX. We stayed in one of the A/C cabins there, which provide 2 bunk beds and a table inside w/chairs...and a bench table outside. I was not about to camp for a whole week without A/C for sure! We had a couple of rain shower days, but most of the time the weather was beautiful. We played in the shallow area of the lake near our cabin...we went to the "devil's wateringhole" for a short while (too rocky per the swimmers)...Josh and Sydney went canoeing and we all did the paddleboat. We also took a couple of side trips which I'll post about later. I had some time to read and the kids played on a couple of the playgrounds in the park. It was an enjoyable trip for sure. :)

View of Devil's Wateringhole...


Our cabin

Kids at the small playground near our cabin...


David and Daddy washing some dishes


The inside of the cabin...Sydney & David watching a movie on the DVD player.


David playing in a beachy area of the lake...someone put the rocks in a heart shape...*cute*

Swimming at the wateringhole...



Watching the kids play in the lake...

Deer visitors almost every morning and also sometimes in the early evening...

Our duck friends...Sydney named the one with the poofy hair Dudley


The canoe trip!


On the paddleboat...





Hiking a trail in the campsite



Kids being funny...playing dead...haha!

Cool lizard...saw a few of these on our walks...finally got one on camera...not a great pic though

Weird succulent plant...looks like chili peppers.

Another plant...lots and lots of these around

Sydney and Mommy cooking hotdogs...

Then on to the S'mores! YUM!



On our way back to Austin to pick up our dog...had to make a trip to this place...yummy! Got a pic of their van because I felt like a big dork taking a picture of the building when people were sitting outside of it. Didn't want to bother them.






1 comment:

Jessica said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I guess I'll finally have to try those cabins out!