Saturday, May 02, 2009

Austin Visit 4/25/09

I just HAD to make my way to see my new niece as soon as possible, so the very next weekend I loaded up the kids and headed out. We were getting in late evening, but had time to catch one of Mauri and Dale's adult kickball games. It looked so fun. I think if we lived in Austin I'd have to join her team. :) The next day we did some shopping for Camilla and Iris...had to spoil them a little bit. Then after David had a nap...we finally made it over to Chad's house for a nice visit. The kids played while we talked and I of course held miss Camilla! David almost fell off the slide on his first time up...but managed to figure it out w/o any harm. I swear...if there was one trait I WISH I hadn't passed onto my kids...it was my clumsy gene! Now I'll just calmly wait for the first broken bones to happen...though I have never broken any myself...mostly sprains, scrapes and bruises. ;)

My little Early Bird...ready to start the day! Sydney...not so much!

Momma and Baby cuddles

David could not get enough of the slide and watching the boats go down it too.

Sydney and Iris reading together

Camilla just about ready for another feeding...hellooooo....

Sally getting Iris all dolled up.

The hammock was a hit with my kids...we HAVE to get one of these!

Precious girl, Camilla


David could really care less about the baby...

Sydney adores her new cousin!

Mauri and Dale
Saturday evening Chad and Sally suggested going to a burger place called Phil's (delicious!) which also had Amy's Ice Cream right next door (also YUMMY!). The selling point...a kids playground right there too! It was alot of fun...I have to recommend it. It was like pulling teeth to get David to leave. Later that night, after David was asleep Sydney and I played Rock Band (?) with Mauri and Dale which was pretty hilarious! Sydney had a blast! All I have to say is that we ROCKED Jon Bon Jovi's "Wanted, Dead or Alive"! ;)

Iris, Chad and Sydney promoting Amy's Ice Creams!

David missed out on being a rock star the night before...but he showed us he rocks too in the morning...

Sunday we met up with Chad and the family at Central Market for another visit. We had eaten a late breakfast, but Chad, Sally and Iris had some good looking food for lunch. :) The rest of us had some Gellato (sp?) for a treat. Central Market ALSO had a fun playground and kept the kids entertained. We hated to leave...it was a great weekend and we were SO happy to have the chance to spend some time with them again.
So Sweet...

David pointing out the really cool slide over there...

Cute cousin picture! (David's almost 3 and Iris is 3 1/2)

David played his heart out!

Sydney played sweetly with Iris

Cute girl!

Silly boy!

The End!

No comments: