Friday, March 06, 2009

Jumping to save lives...

Sydney's school recently had a fundraiser for the American Heart Association called "Jump Rope for the Heart". Sydney raised $100.00 (much thanks to Chad and Jennifer who donated online, and Emil and Judy for their check!!!)! This was the first year I was off and could go participate in their hour of jumping. They had 6 stations where they did various activities...single jumping, partner jumping, hula hoops, CPR demonstration, etc...and a snack and water break of course. It was fun...I even jumped rope a little bit...man...it's been a while...I'll probably be feeling it tomorrow. Here are some fun pictures to share. I really like these type of events much more than selling cookies or flowers or wrapping paper to raise school funds...although those are apparently needed too. But this teaches the kids about good causes, staying healthy/exercising, and helping others.







No comments: