Thursday, March 05, 2009

February re-cap...

Most importantly...Josh turned 33! We are the same age for several more months at least. ;) His parent's visited and went to Sydney's last basketball game that day. It was a good weekend. Mammo, David and I took Sydney on a shopping spree at the mall for some clothes...while the MEN did manly stuff --fixing our toilet! Such a fun item on the birthday agenda! haha!

Here's the final product of Sydney's diarama about Helen Keller. It's the scene where she learns that things have words/meaning when she feels the water as Anne spells it in her hand. It did turn out cute.



Sydney also worked on a cute project with girl scouts. Each girl decorated their face on all the other girls shirts, until we had a complete shirt depicting each girl. So cute. I don't have a picture of the final product, b/c we finished it later and I just never took one.


They also had fun with face painting that meeting. :)


David is moving in leaps and bounds (almost literally)...he loves jumping on our bed!! He is talking so much more now. Not all of it understandable...but he repeats new words easily and has a large vocabulary now. We were worried a few months ago that we'd have more issues to deal with...but we let time handle it. He sings the ABC song, can count to 10 (with help) and apparently in spanish too... I found this out one day when I was saying he could only have ONE fruit bar...and in my argument with him I ended up saying UNO...and he promptly said DOS! Hilarious! His childcare worker -not sure of her background, but she has an accent- more than likely is teaching them a few things. Which I'm happy about. He can say the names of most of his classmates and family members now too. Apparently he's the little mack daddy at daycare too...b/c Josh said he picked him up one day and one little girl was helping him clean his hands and another was washing his face with a rag. He points out all his little girlfriends to me when I pick him up and tells me stuf I don't understand about each of them. :) He's so much fun.


No comments: