Monday, August 27, 2007

D.C. Vacation-2nd Day

Sunday, we went to a Washington Nationals vs. NY Mets baseball game. Josh ordered tickets online like 2 months before the vacation and he also found out that they were having the kids run the bases after the game. So about bottom of the 7th we went down to line up for the big event. The Nationals have "The Presidents" who entertain during the games and they stood at the bases and gave high-5's when the kids passed by. It was just going to be Sydney, but when we got down to the field the lady said..."you wanna take the baby around too?" to Josh and of course he was like..."Yeah!" Sydney thought it was pretty fun. They handed out some squishy baseballs to us on the way in AND the way out...I think we got 5 total.





After the game we decided not to go back to the hotel just yet and we stopped off near the white house to take a look. It felt pretty neat to be standing right outside it's gates. We expected to see lots more protestors or action...but on a Sunday I guess it's pretty quiet.

I didn't actually read this sign...so I don't know what it's about...but I thought it was a protest type of display.
Here are some shots from the Metro...this is our first and final destination for most of our days here.








No comments: