The 2011-2012 school year has begun! :) I'm a little shocked that my little guy is starting Kindergarten and my big girl is in MIDDLE school!! I'm really not sure where the time goes to, but I kinda want it back. I'm proud that they are growing and learning, but they are no longer my little babies anymore and that's a bit sad for me. Sydney is an amazing student and learner...she was chosen for Bryan's
INQUIRE Acadamy. It's a gifted/talented magnet program housed in Jane Long Middle School here. This also means that she has to ride 2 buses to get to school which hasn't been too bad. She's picked up in the morning and taken to her "zoned" middle school, then she transfers to another bus to go to Jane Long. This program is really one of the best here. It will be a lot of work, but I think she'll enjoy it. She's going to be in Orchestra (hoping to play Cello) and she'll be taking Mandarin Chinese for high school language credits already!! David got to meet his teacher when she did a home visit before school started. He really likes her alot already. The art teacher was one of Syd's 1st grade teachers, so she's been waiting to see David in her class too...she's wonderful and I know he'll love art class. I can almost bet he'll love music class too which has a new teacher this year I don't know.
1st day of school...bright eyed and bushy tailed? Almost. :)


A different day...David getting on the bus. Syd wouldn't let me take a picture this year as there are actually 2 other students that wait at the bus stop with her. LOL
1st week of school and already taking the safety scissors to his hair!!! wow! Had to do a crew cut to fix it. I had left the top longer on purpose to try a different hairstyle with him...so much for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment