Monday, June 25, 2007

A Pet Post...

Some of you have already heard the news...but we have 2 new additions to our family. Our garage kittens, Ruby and Diamond. We took them in from a lady who found them abandoned in the middle of a road. I think they are about 10 weeks old now. Sydney loves playing with them. They stay in our garage most of the time with short excursions inside with Sydney. They also have begun to explore past the garage door to our backyard where they often visit Weiner...who's afraid of them so far.

Here's Sydney w/Ruby (the calm one) Here's Syd with Diamond (the fiesty one)
We also found out about a dog park in College Station and we took Mr. Weiner out there to romp and play with some other doggies.

Mr. Weiner and Dakota were not super fond of each other at first...but they ended up running around the entire area together marking trees one after the other. Neither is fixed...so I'm sure that fueled their animosity

I didn't get this dog's name...but he was very sweet and reminded me of my St. Bernard, Darby from way back. We are planning to make more visits to this park. It's pretty much just a large grassy fenced in yard...but I've never seen Mr. Wiener run so much in our yard. There is a playground right next to the dog park, so I had David in the swing most of the time...till he dozed off...



No comments: